Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

32 Weeks!

Well, I'm a little late in updating, but it's been a busy 2 weeks. Josh and I went to Michigan last week for my sister Kristy's wedding and had a great time. Baby O was very cooperative considering the long drive there and back and all the excitement. I got tons of comments from family and total strangers that weekend. I also realized how hard it is to sit for hours when you're pregnant, because we had to make a lot of stops on the long drive for me to get out and stretch. I survived, though! A few days before the wedding I also had another doctor's appointment. This time I did gain some weight, so I'm up to 18 pounds gained so far. This is still pretty good, but I really need to be careful and not let myself go these last few weeks. The nurse said a lot of women put on weight really easily at the end, and that is the last thing I need. Everything else looked really good at the appointment, which was a relief as always.

We also started our childbirth class, and we only have one more week left. It's been really informative and helpful, and I think Josh has even enjoyed it. Yesterday we got to tour labor and delivery, and we saw one little baby in the nursery. It was so cute, and it was exciting to think of our little guy laying there in just a matter of weeks! One thing I really liked about the class was all the relaxation techniques and labor positions we've learned. I'm hoping I can remember them and move as much as possible while we're still at home so that things will move along and keep progressing.

The past two weeks have also left me feeling more and more uncomfortable. I'm starting to feel a lot bigger, and my belly is making it harder for me to reach down for things and get up from the bed or sofa as easily. I've also been having consistent back pain, especially at the end of the work day. Now that my belly is bigger, my back has a more defined arch in it which makes my back hurt. The other symptom I've noticed more is some major indigestion. I've been having it at night, but over the weekend I would have bad indigestion after almost every meal. I'll feel fine for awhile, and then I suddenly feel like I'm going to get sick. Not fun. Even though I haven't been as comfortable, I keep reminding myself that it could be worse. I still don't have any noticeable swelling or stretch marks (woohoo!), and somehow my belly button is still an innie. I swear it's gonna pop out eventually, though.

This weekend is my first of two baby showers. This one is with all my friends and family, and the next one will be at work in a few weeks. I have already starting getting some presents from people who can't come to the shower, and I feel like a kid at Christmas. I'm so blessed by all the generosity of our loved ones, and I am excited to have a fun weekend and celebrate with everyone.

To finish off this week, I thought I would leave you with a comparison of where I started and where I'm at now. The first picture is from 12 weeks into the pregnancy, when I was just starting to see a little bitty bump. The second one is from last night. It's crazy to compare those two pictures, and it helps motivate me to get back into that great shape after the baby comes. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment