Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 27, 2011

38 Weeks



Well, I am officially miserable and ready for this baby to come out. Pretty much everything I do is either uncomfortable or tiring. Getting up in the middle of the night is one of the worst things ever. I sleep well, but when I have to get up to go to the bathroom it takes a lot of effort to get up. Then my bones crack, because the baby has thrown my spine & pelvis out of alignment. Plus, on top of that the baby is like a dead weight inside of me, so my belly and pelvis feel super heavy. Being at work is also miserable. I can't stand very long because I get hot or dizzy (I've even turned on the air-conditioning in my room a few times!), and then once I sit down the baby sits really low in my pelvis. This means that when I get up I feel uncomfortable and can't walk. I also am so tired and sore by the end of the day that I just want to lie on the sofa and not get up. I just can't win.


The good news is that my doctor's visits have been going well, and I am making good progress towards the baby's arrival. At my last appointment I was dilated to 1 cm, so hopefully at my appointment on Tuesday there will be more progress after all the walking and activity from this weekend. I just really want this baby to come soon, because I am so uncomfortable and also so there is more time between the baby's birth and Christmas. Whenever it happens I am ready. The baby's room is ready, clothes have been washed, my bag is packed. I even have meals in the freezer and bought paper plates & plastic silverware to make things a little easier in the kitchen. So, seriously, this baby is welcome to come out anytime. My next post will either be a miserable, 40 week update or a birth announcement. Let's hope it's the latter!

No comments:

Post a Comment