Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 4, 2012

I love cloth diapers




I thought I would do a quick post to share how my cloth diaper experience is going, since I chose to order some before Jacob was born and try them out. So far I am loving them! As you can see from the pictures above, they are super cute, and clean very well. The top picture is after he has worn them each about 3 times and pooped in every one! You would never even know!


So far the cloth diapers have been pretty easy to use. They require a little extra work, but they are much better than disposables. I have only had one experience with poop coming out of the cloth diapers, but in disposables we experience poop blowouts at least once a week if not more. Yuck! That is proof that there will be poop in the washing machine whether you use cloth diapers or not. And speaking of poop, since Jacob is pretty much solely breastfed I don't have to do any extra rinsing of the diapers before washing them. I just stick them in my cute cloth diaper wet bag and then throw the bag and diapers in the washing machine after he has worn them all. There have even been a few times where I took a few days to wash the diapers, but the stains still came out really well. It's pretty amazing!


Right now I only have the 7 diapers you see above, but I may invest in some more later to reduce the number of disposables we use at home. I currently have 3 Fuzzibunz diapers (on the left), and 4 BumGenius diapers (on the right). They all work well, but I think I like the BumGenius a little better. The Fuzzibunz require you to adjust the elastic as the baby grows, while the BumGenius just uses snaps on the outside to adjust the fit of the diaper. Still, though, I am very happy with the diaper choices I made and am glad I decided to try out cloth. I would highly recommend them to any mommies or future mommies out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment