Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

11 1/2 week check-up

Today I had my second doctor's appointment. I was really anxious and excited, because I wanted to make sure the baby is still growing and healthy inside of me. I was a little disappointed, though, because they didn't do an ultrasound. Apparently I don't get another one until 18 weeks when we find out the sex of the baby. Bummer! Good news is that everything looked good at my check-up. I have gained 2 pounds in the last four weeks, which is good (average for the first trimester is 2-4 pounds). I also had a good, low blood pressure. Then I got to hear the baby's heartbeat, which was 180. That was higher than last time, but they said that is normal. The doctor said I looked great, and he gave me a fist bump (haha!) for all my good results. I go back in 4 weeks for a blood test and probably the same stuff as today, and then in 7 weeks is the ultrasound. So even though I didn't get to see how the baby looks now I am glad that everything checked out okay and that baby is still going strong inside me!

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that the baby's heart starts to beat 22 days after conception. It isn't until later that you can hear it. God is amazing and each step you will see Him in this and just wonder at how much He loves all of us. Think about this, your babies days are numbered by God and He knows them and keeps them safe. God bless you
    Michele

    ReplyDelete