Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

20 Weeks






This week we hit some great milestones in the Osterman household. First off, I have officially felt baby movement! There were a couple times in the past few weeks where I felt tickles, rumbles, etc. and wasn't sure if it was the baby or something else. On Monday I noticed that several times when I was sitting down I would get this bubbly/rippling feeling way down at the bottom of my belly. I knew this was something totally different and not a normal, everyday feeling. Later that night I put my hand down where the feeling was, and it was like a wave or ripple right underneath my skin. The baby was literally kicking or bumping against my hand. I know for some people (Kristy, I'm talking to you) this probably sounds creepy and weird, and I always thought it would feel weird too. But it totally doesn't. It is the coolest and craziest feeling ever, and I am officially obsessed with trying to feel the baby everytime he moves.


The second milestone was when we went to our official ultrasound appointment on Friday to determine the gender and check that everything was okay with the baby. I've gained about 5 pounds since my last appointment, so I'm up to 12 pounds gained total. That's right on track. My blood pressure was good too, and the baby's heartbeat clocked in about about 153 bpm. The doctor said everything looked great with the baby, and it is officially a boy! No doubt about it. I think we've pretty much got a name picked out, but it'll be a secret until he's born. Sorry to spoil the fun for you all!


Now that I've noted the milestones, it's time to move on to how I've been feeling over the past two weeks. I have noticed more moments of discomfort lately, but I'm dealing with it okay. Sleeping is really becoming a challenge. I still have to get up once or more to visit the bathroom. Then when I get back into bed my mind is running like crazy, and I can't shut it off to go back to sleep. I also toss and turn a lot in the morning before I wake up. It's getting a little annoying.

Other than sleep I constantly need to snack throughout the day to get enough calories and avoid low blood sugar. Since I'm so little I don't think my stomach has enough room to just pig out at lunch and dinner, so the snacks are what sustain me. Then at the end of the day I get really bloated (again, probably due to not having stomach room) and uncomfortable. I just am glad that I'm not still dealing with nausea anymore, because that was the worst.


So, halfway there! We'll see what the next 20 weeks or so bring my way. I'm just looking forward to holding this little baby and glad he's doing okay so far.

1 comment:

  1. I fell a little behind with reading your blog and it was nice to catch up tonight. Suzie being pregnant loses its charm at times especially when we get sick or are uncomfortable and lose sleep. Try to use pillows to help you lay in a differet pose and get as much sleep as you can. You look great and this is so exciting to be able to read your updates.

    ReplyDelete