Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

15 week check-up

Just got back from another doctor's appointment today. Since I'm not quite 16 weeks yet, I will wait until Sunday to post new belly pics. I think those of you (Kristy) who were disappointed by the last pictures will be happy to see the progress of my belly this time around. Anyways, the doctor's appointment went very well, even though I had some concerns going into it. I gained about 3-4 pounds since my last appointment, which is right where I expected to be. I also had to have some blood taken to do my triple screen test, which tests for risk of down's syndrome and some other birth defects. My blood pressure was very good- 100/72! The baby's heartbeat was also good- 160. At first she had trouble finding the heartbeat, which made me nervous. Then when she found it it was very faint, because the baby was hiding in the back of my uterus. As she counted the beats, the baby swam right up to the front and the heartbeat got loud and clear! She said, "Baby has lots of room to swim around in there." Haha, I guess that shows that my belly is getting big! I did have a few concerns this time, because I've been getting what I call "heart flutters" several times this week. I've had them for several years now, but this week they kept happening almost once a day. The doctor listened to my heart and said he didn't hear anything abnormal and that he didn't think I needed to worry about it. I was also a little nervous, because this morning after breakfast I got really dizzy and almost felt like I was going to pass out. I had to sit down for a while and drink lots of water and eat a banana. The nurse told me that I probably had a blood sugar spike due to too many carbs with breakfast. I guess I need more protein in the morning and need to get plenty of water when I first wake up. So, even though I was a little worried, everything turned out okay.

Belly pictures coming soon, and in 4 weeks we learn if Baby Osterman is a girl or a boy! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment